Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thing 6 RSS Feeds

I have already set up an RSS feed in Outlook, so found Step 1. of the instructions for Thing 6 very frustrating - the drop down menu offered was for Outlook not Gmail!

Step 2.allowed me to add the ABC News feed to my Google reader. However I find it much more convenient to read feeds in Outlook which I use routinely as part of my work, rather than having to logon to Gmail, so will add an additional feed for Murdoch University News to Outlook.

Murdoch News is very useful as a means of keeping up to date with what's going on within Murdoch University, particularly within the science schools. Altho I spend time in the schools each week it's amazing how often I learn about science-related happenings thru the News. It's also valuable for finding out about what's happening on the other campuses.

No comments: