Monday, December 8, 2008

Things 7 & 8

I was able to change the Firefox theme only with the help of Margaret S, since the Tools/AddOns/Themes didn't have an option to browse etc as indicated in Aaron's example - very frustrating. My frustration was further compounded because I was unable to see the help option since I am red-green colourblind - I simply didn't realise that help was a link - it looked the same as all the other text to me. When I finally moved the mouse across the text I realised there was a link available. Having sorted that out I have changed the browser look to GrayModern2, which looks ok. Also added the rather hectic 23 things toolbar. Zotero is a useful tool which I have recommended to a few academics now. The LibX extension is also a very useful tool which I had already included in the recently updated BIO103 library exercise for next semester.

1 comment:

Groucho Marx's Dog said...

Firefox offers some help with red/green colourblindness apparently, try :
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5001
It apparently only works on older versions of firefox, it may be worth a look